Friday, February 4, 2011

Days 2 through 4 - Roasted Greek Potatoes

Well, I am still sticking to my wheat, sugar, dairy, egg free plan. I have not been caffeine free . . . I just can't do it. But, I haven't had any coffee and have only been drinking tea, which is much lower in caffeine than my usual espresso-based beverages.

I REALLY miss coffee.

Days 2 and 3 were very much like day 1 diet-wise. A few changes in soups and nut butters were about all I altered.

On Day 4 I ate:

Breakfast
Green Tea

Lunch
Rye Wasa Bread with Yam Hummus
Orange
Strawberry Apple Sauce

Snacks
Mixed pecans, rasins, dates, dried apricots and cacao nibs
Tortilla Chips

Dinner
Small Beef Tenderloin Steak
Greek Roasted Potatoes (See recipe below)
Blackberry tea with honey and lemon
A handful of chocolate chips (Ok, perhaps my sugar quota has not been perfect either!)

Bottom line: I really, really miss coffee. Aside from that, the cleanse hasn't been too difficult, but I am not yet sure if it is worth it.

I still haven't spent a cent!

Greek Roasted Potatoes

(1) Peel and chop potatoes into large chunks (using as many potatoes as you would like).
(2) Boil potatoes in salted water until they are soft (about 15-20 minutes).
(3) Toss boiled potatoes with Lemon Oil and Olive Oil (or olive oil and the juice of a lemon), salt, pepper and oregano.
(4) Spread potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet in bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (flipping halfway through). If potatoes are not light brown and crispy by this time, broil for 5 additional minutes (watch carefully!).
(5) Eat!

No comments: