Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 8 - Almond-Flax Crackers

My cleanse is getting easier. I am pretty much over the coffee withdrawal and I feel like I could live without it now. Although, I don't want to.

Today I ate:

Breakfast
West Coast Muesli
Green Tea

Lunch
Almond-Flax crackers (recipe below), carrots and broccoli with yam hummus

Snack
Apple
Sweets and Beets (Yam and beet chips)

Dinner
Chocolate chips

Almond-Flax Crackers (based on this recipe from Elana's Pantry)

Combine:

1.5 cups almond meal
.5 cups flax meal
.5 teaspoon chopped rosemary
.25 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons water

Mix until combine and pat into a round disk. Place disk between two sheets of parchment paper. Carefully roll to 1/8 inch thick. Remove top piece of parchment paper and slide second piece and dough onto cookie sheet. Score dough into rectangles or squares.

Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Cool crackers on baking sheet before separating and eating.


No comments: