Saturday, January 29, 2011

February: Frugal and Free

I've decided to declare February a month dedicated towards "getting on top of things". In particular, I am going to focus on my health and my finances.

I haven't been feeling particularly well lately. I've been tired, my allergies are acting up as things start to bloom and I have developed HORRIBLE, EVIL tinnitus in one ear. In order to combat these issues, I've decided to a bit of a diet cleanse. I am not sure if this will help, but it certainly can't hurt. So, for at least 2 weeks, I will be FREE of:

* dairy, wheat, refined sugar

* eggs

* caffeine (Dear Coffee, I miss you already. I love you always, Espresso Girl)

I will also continue on with my goal of eating as locally and organically as possible.

On top of this, I am going to attempt to be FRUGAL and buy absolutely nothing for 30 days unless I really and truly need it. No magazines, no petit vanilla bean scones, no beautiful home decorating items from my favourite store. December and January are killer months for me financially. Not only do I have Christmas to contend with, but professional dues, cat sitter fees, RRSP repayment, and house insurance are all due. I need a frugal month to help me get on top of things again.

This financial and dietary cleanse will be hard, but I know I will feel so much better when it is done. And, I am going to work hard to make it fun too. I am looking forward to trying many new recipes and spending my free time using up my old fabric scraps on quilting projects.

Wish me luck!

No comments: