Saturday, February 12, 2011

Days 9 through 12 - West Coast Muesli

Despite my lack of posting, I have been continue on fairly well with my cleanse. I have not eaten the following items in the past 12 days:

- diary
- wheat
- eggs
- coffee
- and very little refined sugar (only what's in my soy milk and daily handful of chocolate chips)

In fact, I have not had coffee for the past 14 days so that part of my cleanse is done. Yay!

In the past week I have eaten:

* West Coast Muesli (recipe below)
* Green Tea
* Dried apricots stuffed with cocoa nibs
* Borsht
* Red Onion Soup with Almond-Flax Crackers
* Apples
* Tortilla chips with salsa

Just two days and plenty of yummy ideas to go!

West Coast Muesli

Combine:

1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup pear sauce (I used this recipe, but replaced sugar with honey and vanilla with cinnamon and purred the final product)
3/4 cup soy milk
small handful chopped hazelnuts
small handful dried cranberries
1 tablespoon hemp hearts or flax seeds

Stir well and refrigerate in sealed container overnight. Eat!

No comments: