Sunday, August 7, 2011

To Market, To Market

I didn't make it to the farmer's market yesterday as I had no cash (cash is a necessity at farmer's markets!) and decided to have a lazy morning at home. But, I did go last weekend and I bought some yummy food:


The haul: honey (the honey man now refers to me as a "regular," apparently I buy a lot of honey), blueberries, cucumbers, lettuce and Cold Comfort ice cream!


The ice cream was Popcorn with a Caramel Butter Swirl. Slightly strange, very delicious!

I also went to the Oak Bay Night market a few weeks ago and got this beautiful loaf of bread:


It cost about a kazillion dollars, but was fantastic (and huge). The wheat was grown right here on Vancouver Island which, if you have seen Vancouver Island, is a pretty amazing feat.

I've heard a rumour that there will be Fresh Peach, Brown Sugar and Bourbon ice cream at the market next weekend and I will be there to buy it!

No comments: