Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sew Green

For Christmas this year, I am planning on sewing all of my gift wrapping. I am hoping that, if I do this for a few years, I will have created a nice little stash or reusable gift wrapping that my family can pass back and forth each holiday season. It might not be as fun as picking out a new paper each year, but I love the idea of simply sticking something in a nicely sewn bag an tying it up with a ribbon.

I decided to to test this idea out for my brother's birthday earlier this month. Because I bought him BBQ supplies, which would have been nearly impossible to wrap in paper, a gift bag seemed to be the way to go.

I didn't use a pattern and almost made the bag too small, but it worked out fine. I even lined the inside (with an old piece of curtain!) to make sure that the bag will be sturdy and last a long time.


Perfect! And, shhhhh, don't tell anyone that I am talking about Christmas already, but I am looking forward to picking out some cute fabrics covered in snowmen and stockings!

2 comments:

CinnamonOpus said...

Looks great!

I made a bunch of Christmas fabric wrapping bags maybe 15 years ago... I often wonder where they ended up after being passed around!

I actually am going to make a bunch of similar bags for storing my various knitting projects. Might as well -- I have lots of yarn, and lots of fabric about the place...

Athira Ashok said...

The Masala Blends are a collection of aromatic spice mixes that originate from the culinary traditions of Kerala, India. Each Kerala masala blend is carefully crafted to enhance the flavors of specific dishes