Sunday, May 22, 2011

Block of the Month

I missed my April "Mine, Yours and Ours" quilting class because I was sick (very, very, sick). But, I did pop in to pick up the pattern for the April block, The Centennial Star. I am sure that I missed out on a few pointers and tips, but fortunately for me, The Centennial Star was much easier to make than the previous two blocks. Phew!

My block:



My donation block:


I fussy cut the centre square of this block, but didn't take into account that it would be on an angle. Whoops! Good thing is is a donation block.

I really like the Centennial Star pattern. It looks more like a flower than a star to me and I think that a bunch of them in monochromatic tones (i.e. a pink star, a green star) would look great in a baby quilt or a lap quilt. That might just be my next project!

No comments: