Monday, May 23, 2011

From Market to Table

A long weekend . . . . ahhhhh . . .

Sleeping in, walks along the ocean, travel book reading and lots of cooking. Perfect.

(Except for the part where my Moka Pot died. That was sad.)

I started off my weekend with a trip to the farmer's market. The weather was a bit dreary, but it held off long enough for me to get this week's necessities.

Eggs, Mixed Greens, Sourdough bread, Baby Monkey Bread and a Pain au Chocolat.


The Monkey Bread was sooooooo good. I may be buying 37 next week.

After the farmer's market, I stopped at my new favourite spot, the Fairfield Market for a few other necessities: my favourite yogurt, a yam, a tomato, onions, asparagus, sunflower sprouts and bacon. Since I started eating meat again about 5 months ago, I have been pretty careful about how much meat I eat. I allow myself one chicken per month, bacon once per month and "red" meat once per month. I am not trying to be restrictive, but I do want to be mindful about my meat consumption. In any case, I don't always take the red meat option, but I never forgo the bacon!


The bacon, tomato, sourdough bread, eggs and some local brie were cooked up into delicious lunches on Saturday and Sunday.


Mmmm.

For dinners, I roasted the asparagus and yam until crispy and tossed with the greens, cucumber, sunflower sprouts, goat cheese and some homemade croutons.


I am so glad to be back in salad season!

No comments: