Saturday, May 7, 2011

From Market to Table

My favourite farmer's market has been back up and running for the past month, but only with a few booths. Today was the first full market of the year.

Excitement!

Fresh local veggies! Cheese! Pottery! Mini donuts!

I have now put my organic food box delivery on hold until the fall and am thrilled to resume my weekly market visits.

I couldn't buy much this week. I had been counting down the days to local honey and spent $15 of my weekly $20 market allotment on 1 kilo of honey made by bees right in my neighbourhood. Yum!


My only other purchase was a pain au chocolat, baked this morning by one of my very favourite local bakers. He does not have a bakery and I feel as if I stalk him and his bread all over town. Totally worth it.


I'm so glad the market is back!

No comments: