Saturday, April 2, 2011

Block of the Month

At my Block of the Month quilting club, "Yours, Mine and Ours", the February block was the Rising Star.

I have to say that I had sort of looked down on star blocks prior to joining this club. With all their strait lines and squares, I thought they looked pretty easy. I was wrong. And I have I pile of point-less flying geese to prove it. *Sigh.*

In the end, things turned out OK. For the club, we each make a block for ourselves and a block for a charity quilt.

My block:


My charity block:


I am still loving my charity block fabrics, but I am liking my own fabrics more this month as well. I think that the addition of the dark grey tone really helps to balance the colour values.

Next month: The LeMoyne Star. I am afraid. Very afraid.

No comments: