Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Weekend Homemaker

I'm nearing the end of my financial month again and you know what that means . . . no more money. I don't know how some people do so well with their monthly food budgets, but I am certainly not one of them.

So, it's time to streeeeetch the last few dollars and do some cooking from the pantry. Last weekend I spent $50 on some fresh groceries (and some chips, whoops), scrounged in the cupboards and came with a delicious menu.

Breakfasts

Yogurt and strawberry sauce
Homemade granola with soy milk


Snacks

Almonds and Raisins
Cherries
Twelve Grain Pumpkin Muffins


Lunches

Tuna and crackers with carrot sticks
Whole wheat pasta and lentil salad with basil dressing


Dinners

Pad Thai


Crepes with yogurt and strawberry sauce


I even had enough basil left over from the salad dressing to make a batch of pesto.


Along with a pot of Thai Chicken Soup, I should have enough meals to make it happily through the rest month and prevent me from making last minute (and expensive!) trips the grocery store throughout out the week.

And, no more chips!

No comments: