Saturday, July 2, 2011

To Market, To Market

Sadly, I seem to have already spent my farmer's market allotment for July. Not good. But, my money did go towards and good cause, a kitchen table. Finally!

Fortunately, my last market visit was especially delicious. I bought lunch and ice cream!


Lunch was from the International Women's Catering Co-op. I had their fantastic pakora and a buraq (a pastry stuffed with spinach, peas, mint and feta). Yum.


Then I picked up a few other goodies - basil, tomato, brioche and two handmade ice cream sandwiches with Kaffir lime ice cream sandwiched between coconut macaroon cookies. Oh. My. Goodness.



I have never tasted anything quite like these fresh and yummy treats. It was the "ice cream woman's" (I can't remember the name of her business) first weekend at the market. She was very busy and had sold out of my first choice, Rose, Mint and Watermelon sorbet, when I arrived. I hope that she will be back weekly (and that I can scourge up some cash for next weekend)!

No comments: