Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Weekend Homemaker

OK, so September kicked my butt in pretty much every way possible.  I would say that weekends saved my sanity, but I am not so sure it was saved.  Only time will tell.  In any case, knowing that a little cooking is good for my soul, I went all out last weekend.  I especially went all out on the protein.  I needed some extra umph!  

On Saturday, there were steak sandwiches with salad.  Yum!


I even made enough of my favourite creamy ginger dressing (no dairy or eggs involved!) to last the week.


I also baked muffins for weekday snacks.  

10 Grain Pumpkin Muffins

On Sunday, I made a big chicken dinner.  

Veggies for roasting

Perfect Roast Chicken

In addition to chicken and veggies, I made baked sweet potato slices with raisins, pecans and feta.  


The food was good, the week that followed was not.  October WILL BE better!    

No comments: