Saturday, September 25, 2010

From Market to Table


I am starting to stock up on some Moss Street Market staples before the market wraps up for the year. Last week, I bought honey, dill pickles and bread and butter pickles in addition to some locally grown spinach, basil and green beans.

I used the spinach and basil to make one of my favourite dishes, Pesto Salmon. I've made this dish so often that I no longer follow a recipe, but it is basically traditional pesto (minus the parmesan) and bulked out with spinach and some vegetable stock. The resulting sauce is poured over some salmon and baked in the oven in a casserole dish. The salmon is more or less poached in the very yummy sauce and is always nice and moist. I serve it over brown rice.

I know, it doesn't look too appealing, but it very tasty and very healthy!

No comments: