Sunday, September 19, 2010

Container Gardening


I wasn't going to do anything with my new-to-me balcony this year. The floor needs to be repainted and I was too overwhelmed with indoor renovations to deal with the outside (although I did plant a tomato plant which is presently holding about 100 green tomatoes that I doubt will ever ripen). Despite my plans, my mom came to visit recently and she insisted on buying me some brackets for the planters I already had. I wasn't going to put them up, but then I did.


And, once the planters were up, I couldn't resist planting them! I decided to plant edible plants and went with strawberries, pansies and two types of lettuce. They should all survive the winter on the west coast.



I am very happy with how they turned out! I think they really give my boring balcony some life!



And, in case of an earthquake, I can make a salad!

1 comment:

Tanya Boracay said...

you got a perfect position. Much better if container is in inside instead of outside. Bright Idea

Just like to share with you a famous quote...

"The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven's lieutenants. " -- Shakespeare

You can get more famous quotes at http://quotelandia.com