Monday, February 1, 2010

The Food Box Chronicles


I'm almost caught up with my Food Box Chronicles just in time for the next delivery!

In my most recent delivery, I received frozen blueberries, apples, onions, pea shoots, oranges, beets, lemons, pears, bananas, ginger, baby bok choy and red leaf lettuce. I also upgraded my order with a loaf of Anise Fig bread from Wild Fire Bakery.

Using the left over sweet potatoes from my last delivery and the ginger from this delivery, I made Sweet Potato Coconut Soup. I also made several great salads with the lettuce and pea shoots.


The next thing I made was a Beet and Brown Rice Salad with Goat Cheese. This salad sounds and looks a bit odd, but it is my favourite use for beets.


I also made up another batch of Vanilla Roasted Pears and two dozen "kitchen sink" muffins with the blueberries. However, my absolute best recipe find was Roasted Salmon with Thai Red Curry and Bok Choy. This delicious dish used up my baby bok choy and lemon and is absolutely company-worthy (I replaced the salmon with trout as I was able to get this fresh). Highly recommended!

No comments: