I've decided that soft tacos are going to be my food of the summer for 2012. Flexible, healthy and oven-free, they are the perfect hot-weather food (not that I've had to worry about that . . . yet).
Tacos can be as light or as decadent as you wish, making them a winner for someone counting their Weight Watchers points. They are also the ideal food for picky eaters and parties as everyone can pick and choose to suit their own dietary needs.
My current favourite combo:
* 3 (30 gram) corn tortillas - 5 points
* 45 grams baked pinto beans with onions and spices - 1 point
* 30 grams Greek yogurt - 1 point
* 80 grams roasted sweet potato cubes - 2 points
* 1 mango - 0 points
* A handful of cilantro - 0 points
A delicious, filling meal. All for 9 points.
My other favourite toppings include: shredded chicken, Pico de Gallo and cheese but, really, the options are endless.