Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Weekend Homemaker

I didn't cook much this weekend.  It was a three day weekend for me and I was trying to keep things as low-key and relaxing as possible.  I did do a lot of Christmas window shopping and also discovered the TV show, True Blood.  I had been avoiding it despite the rave reviews.  It just didn't sound like my kind of show.

It is.

I can't wait to watch more.

I also didn't do a lot of cooking because my budget has come it it's end and I will have to wait a week before I can go grocery shopping, leaving me in a bit of a pinch.  I had to do a bit of scavenging in my own cupboard and, along with a loaf of bread and some fruit, all will be A-OK.

I did a little harvest from my winter garden, which is growing away very slowly.


And I made one of my favourite ginger salad dressings, which requires very few ingredients.  Along with some smoked salmon and cucumber, several delicious salads were had.


I also made pumpkin muffins with some frozen pumpkin I had stashed in my freezer.  I forgot to take pictures, but they are bound to be yummy.  I don't care for squash in it's natural state, but in bread, muffins or waffles?  Take me there.

Today, I tried a new recipe for Carrot Ginger Soup, which required little more than carrots, ginger and onion.  It turned out very well.


At the moment, my yogurt maker is humming away.  It will provide me with breakfast for 7-days.  Along with some leftover casserole in my freezer and some dinners of toast and eggs, my grocery-less week won't be too challenging at all.

No comments: