Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Block of the Month

My "Yours, Mine and Ours" monthly quilt-block-club continues!  The block of the month for July was the Triple Star.  I was worried about this block because it appears quite complicated, but it ended up being pretty strait-forward and fairly forgiving (I seem to have cutting issues). 

My donation block

My block

I have been debating on what to do with all of "my blocks" when they are done.  They are intended to complete a larger project that I started many years ago, and they will, but I no longer want this quilt for my own bed and I don't want to pay to have it quilted, if it is just going to sit in the closet.  I was thinking about splitting it into two or three smaller baby quilts but, on a whim, asked my mom if she would like it.  And yes!  She wants it and will pay for the quilting.  Phew, my quilt has a home.

Just two more quilt club blocks left!  I will still need to track down patterns for another 6-8 blocks in order to complete the quilt for my mom, but I am pleased to have finally made some progress on this project after a 10 year standstill.

No comments: